Colin Tudge is a biologist, science writer and author. He has been on the staff of Farmers’ Weekly, New Scientist, and BBC Radio 3. He has a passion for food and agriculture. He is closely involved in The Campaign for Real Farming and the Funding Enlightened Agriculture network which support SMEs in the sustainable food and farming sector.
Colin Tudge coined the expression “Enlightened Agriculture” to describe agriculture that is “expressly designed to provide everyone, everywhere, with food of the highest standard, nutritionally and gastronomically, without wrecking the rest of the world”. In Six Steps Back to the Land, he explains how we can achieve that, and have truly sustainable, resilient and productive farms:
- Why we need to rethink our approach to farming
- How we can move to low-input mixed farms
- Tightly-integrated farms employ many skilled people
- Dealing with the practicalities of this form of farming in today’s world
- How we can get involved
- Six Steps will inspire anyone to take an interest in our food chain and make a difference.
The evening will comprise a talk from Colin inspired by his book Six Steps Back to the Land followed by a 3 course dinner of seasonal foods grown at WKG. The event will take place in our heated glasshouse. Your ticket price will include the talk, the dinner and a signed copy of one of Colin’s books to take away.