It’s that day again! All the weekend’s new stock has been updated online and you are now able to order all your favourites and a few new additions.
From Cornwall we have delicious fresh shellfish again. You can choose from Lobsters or Cock Brown Crabs. Why not treat yourself for the Bank Holiday and have a lobster served with Jersey Royals, Worton mixed salad leaves and a homemade mayonnaise?
Perhaps make it really luxurious by using the yolk of an Ascott Garden goose egg for the mayo? The geese will only be laying for a couple more weeks so if you haven’t tried them yet, we heartily recommend them.
From our gardens and greenhouses, we have lots of seasonal treats including:
- Tatsoi – a very tasty stir fry green
- Fresh Herbs – Parsley, Coriander and Mint
- Spring Greens
- Cavolo Nero – Italian Black Cabbage
- Purple Khol Rabi – Perhaps the best way to enjoy is julienned in a salad or remoulade
- Stir Fry Mizuna
On a final note this week, we wanted to ask you how you think we’re doing? Nearly 6 weeks into lock-down, we are keen to keep improving so we thought we should ask you, our customers, what you think of what we have done so far, whether it’s working well, what could be improved. We’re also keen to hear your suggestions for what else we could be selling though the online shop?
The farm will be open as usual on Friday and Saturday so you are welcome to come to the shop and buy your fruit, vegetables and bread in the normal way. For those who can make it, there will be a slightly broader range of produce available including our delicious salads, some soft fruit and berries. We also have a new selection of chocolate from Plantation Chocolate in Jericho.
Of course we all have to adhere to strict social distancing rules:
- Everyone will need to sanitize their hands before coming into the shop
- Only one customer in the shop at any time
- The queue (if we’re busy) will be spaced at 2m intervals (we’ll set out chairs to make this more comfortable!)
- No cash payments will be accepted – only cards
We will be offering Click and Collect or Delivery options only on Sunday. We anticipate being fairly low on stock again by the end of Saturday so to avoid disappointment, we will be re-publishing a detailed stock list on Saturday evening to allow you to place online orders whether for morning Click and Collect or afternoon delivery.