Welcome to our weekly email – the weekend’s new stock has been updated online and you are now able to order all your favourites and a few new additions.
On the seafood side, as well as large whole plaice and haddock fillets, we have delicious Cornish mussels again this week. They’ve been so good over the last month or so, we couldn’t resist! Although most often served in the restaurant as Moules Marinieres (see the recipe here), we do sometimes like to mix things up…
Our suggestion this week is to serve these sweet, plump mussels in a Thai style:
- First clean your mussels – wash, beard and tap to ensure they are firmly closed
- Gently fry finely chopped shallot, garlic, ginger, chilli and lemongrass till soft
- Add a glass of white wine and a couple off tablespoons of fish sauce, turn the heat to maximum, throw in the mussels and put a lid on
- Steam the mussels for a couple of minutes, shake and check that the shells have opened
- Pour in coconut milk and shake again to amalgamate
- Put cooked jasmine rice in bowls, spoon over the mussels and liquor, sprinkle with sliced chillis and fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately
Fresh produce from our own gardens this week:
- New season broad beans
- Bunches of heavenly-scented sweet peas
- Bunched Beetroots
- Just-picked carrots by the bunch
- Baby Artichokes
- Fresh Herbs – Parsley, Coriander, Dill and Mint
- Lush green Spinach
- Rainbow Chard
The farm will be open our usual lockdown hours this weekend – 10 till 4pm on Friday and Saturday and 10 till 2pm on Sunday. We look forward to welcoming you whether you are using Click and Collect or shopping in person.
We will also be offering a delivery service as usual from Friday to Tuesday.