New this week is our delicious Elderflower Cordial. The hedgerows have been full of this most scented of blossoms for the last few weeks and we have now made lots of bottles. Last year all our cordial went to guests in the restaurant. We are hoping that tables will be allowed in the gardens from early July and we will update you on our plans as they develop. In the meantime, for those who can’t wait for that taste of summer, bottles of this delicious cordial will also be on sale online and at the farm.
On the seafood side, new this week and for the first time this year we have Palourde clams – perfect for making Linguine Alle Vongole …
- First clean your clams
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook your linguine till just underdone.
- Gently soften finely chopped garlic and chilli in butter
- Add a glass of white wine, turn the heat to maximum, throw in the clams and put a lid on
- Steam for a couple of minutes, shake and check that the shells have opened
- Add the linguine and a squeeze of lemon, stir and rest for a couple of minutes
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve
All the ingredients are available individually at the farm or click here to go straight to the “Mealbox” option that puts all the required ingredients in one box.
Fresh produce from our own gardens this week:
- New season broad beans
- Bunches of heavenly-scented sweet peas
- Bunched Beetroots
- Just-picked carrots by the bunch
- Rainbow Chard
- Cavolo Nero
- Pointed Cabbage